Sunday, September 2, 2007

Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge


Okay, as promised that I'm going to make a follow-up on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, well here it is.

Did Imelda Staunton played justice to role as Dolores Umbridge?

For me, though she had that high pitch, very annoying and eerie voice, she didn't played justice to the role she was ought to portray, for a simple reason, she hadn't characterized or bring forth the Dolores Umbridge that I was looking for, or loathing for in the book Order of the Phoenix.

I just can't blame her if she hadn't reached the antagonistic role, I and most book-readers alike are after and are expecting, because she was just given a script, so-to-say not good enough for the actualization of the character Umbridge.

Imagine, that when I was just beginning to read the Order of the Phoenix, and found out Umbridge's exploits, I can't help myself to be frustrated and wished I was a part of the story so as to be able to punish the character so dearly by giving her a slow death she richly deserved. But when my imagination came to reality in screen play, I was so disappointed because Imelda Staunton didn't portrayed the Umbridge that I was loathing for. Imelda was like a good-old character that just abides with regulations imposed. She wouldn't even appear annoying to me in the movie, if not for her slow, high pitched voice.

I just wish that within the next movies to follow, they adapt a good script that is somehow closely related to the books that we all had loved and read. What I mean is that, they should follow the story line properly. Not that I wanted them to actuate the whole book, but they somehow manage to concise the books in a nice way, enough for us viewers to actually feel the emotions we have felt when we were reading the book.

Posted by jaycee at 4:44 AM |  
Labels: ,


If you enjoyed this post, please make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)