Thursday, October 11, 2007

Formatting Flash Drive or Memory Stick

Virus, Trojans... whatever! My flash drive este memory stick almost had been destroyed! I just don't know how that happened; how my flash drive had been infested by such a very, very annoying pest of a Trojan in a sector that I don't even know that exist in the said removable drive (H:\Recycle Bin\Info.exe) but I had a very bad hint about how that occurred.

Just today, this morning, someone with the unconventional type of a device called a floppy disk had accessed our computer, and guess what? The said diskette was infected by a Trojan something blah, blah, blah that I don't even understand about that was contained in an executable file called Japanese girls. But how in the world that a single detected Trojan proliferated that fast? Well that's another question that I'm trying to uncover.

With regards to the flash drive? As I said it was almost damaged since I can't access it due to the said infestation. The computer detects it as a removable drive, but it doesn't auto play, nor it doesn't open, even if I tried to double click the icon for the removable drive the only thing that I can see was Not Accessible pop up dialog box. Hence, I had no option left but to format the said flash drive. Lucky for me the said flash drive doesn't even contain any important documents to be retrieved prior to my decision of formatting it.

I don't know now if the said formatted flash drive would work perfectly still like the first time that I had bought it, or it's still functional up to today, since after I had formatted it in Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2, I had not even tried to access or open it again for fear of another infestation of the said annoying Trojans.

Trojans on the computer? I don't know whether they were thoroughly cleaned by Microsoft Windows Defender, but I'm hoping that all those things that makes the computer so wreck be erased.

If ever you also encountered the said problem with regards to your flash drive, I can only suggest the same thing as the others suggest - to format it. It's the best possible option left, aside from buying a new one.

Here's the steps on how to format your flash drive:

  1. First plug your flash drive on the USB slot and check if it's still detected by My Computer
  2. In My Computer, check whether you can access your flash drive.
  3. If it says you can't access it by normal double clicking nor right click open, then proceed to formating it.
  4. Right click your flash drive, then look for the format option.
  5. Under format option, you can choose either FAT32 or the other option. (Don't know which one is best since under my experience I only got FAT32)
  6. Then press start for default option. Wait until finished, and there you have your formatted flash drive.

Posted by jaycee at 12:46 PM |  
Labels: , ,


If you enjoyed this post, please make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)