Sunday, September 7, 2008

UAAP Cheerdance Competition



The annual UAAP cheering competition had finally been concluded and again University of the Philippines ended up as the champion for this year's cheer dance competition, bringing home 195,000 Philippine Pesos cash prize and an mp3 player each. As expected, they again reclaimed the top spot after they had snatched it last year from the University of Santo Tomas.

I would be lying here if I say I didn't wished and hoped that my alma mater, University of Santo Tomas, to win. However, as I had viewed their performance in this year's competition, I was quite dismayed with it. As most people claim over on you tube, the UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe now lack the ability to create and formulate new routines that would put them back on track to their once 4 times champion glory. If you would re-watch the videos of the Salinggawi Dance Troupe including this year's competition, you would agree with me that most of the routines including the liftings and acrobatics within their cheer dance were recycled from their previous routines.

I felt so ashamed, not just for my alma mater, but for those poor dancers who had strove hard for their dance yet fell short on the ability to brainstorm for new dance moves that they should have incorporated within their routines.

Now I am guessing, are these dancers rookies? If so, they needed guidance, and motivation to do better next time. And I really hope that next time, no more sugar-coated introductions should be delivered if there aren't any new acrobatics and routines that would be included in their dance.

But anyway, congratulations still for bringing home the second spot after UP. Try harder next time though, and please stop repeating previous routines. Watchers knows if they were recycled.

Posted by jaycee at 8:46 PM |  
Labels:


If you enjoyed this post, please make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book




4 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)