Monday, October 20, 2008

Mario Tennis Power Tour: Review

mario tennis power tourMario Tennis Power Tour, if I'm not mistaken, is already a classic game for gameboy advance users. However, since this is the first time that I get my hands on the said game, I think and hope that you can bear with me as I write my insights about this game.

As its title suggests, Mario Tennis Power Tour, is a game particularly about two aspirant novices that hopes to someday be able to play with the legendary Mario Bros. in a tennis competition. However, the catch of the game is this: since legendary players from the fictional Mario World doesn't compete entirely to novices their dream can't turn into reality unless they've became the top player and proven themselves worthy onto meeting the Mario Bros. From this objective the adventure of Clay (or any name you choose) and his partner, Ace, starts. Likewise, your game starts as well, as you direct the main character into fulfilling his desire to play a match with the Mario Bros.

The story line of the game is too simple, become the single and doubles tennis champion on the inter-school competition and Mario will be the one to fetch you on your school to compete with you on Mario World. Sounds easy right? Wait till you hear what's more there in stored for you!

mario tennis power tourTo be hailed as the inter-school champion, you need to compete on four different categories with four tennis matches each namely, Junior, Senior, Varsity and Academy Representative. All of which consists of four different ranks, which represents the four tennis matches. Really sounds easy? Well, it appears to look so, not until you need to train your character to be able to beat the ace players of the academy, Elroy and Tori, and training in this game is the saddest part of it.

mario tennis power tourHonestly speaking, this game isn't the type of gameboy advance game that you could cheat, just like the pokemon games around. In this game, you need to blister your hands in order to make your character worthy of defeating the highly conceited ace players. You can get frustrated and just decide to stop playing it, since gaining experience points is way too long, or nonetheless you continue your game, numb your hands and damage your console for continuously and simultaneously pressing the A and B buttons for you to receive a meager 30-50 experience points. What a way to play the game right?

The latter statement, of course, is what I did. I had numbed not just my thumbs but also my entire arms just to unlock all those techniques called power shots to match the powerful shots of the number one player of the academy. Too bad for me, since it almost took me two long months to finish it.

However, there is always this final question that needs to be answered: am I satisfied after finishing the said game? With all honesty, I think the game is good for it teaches you basic tennis even if you haven't played one. But with regards to enjoying the game and being satisfied after you completed it, then all I can say is I'm not satisfied. The Mario Bros. seems to lack exposure to the game, more so, it is not worth the effort that I had exerted just to be able to face them in a one tennis match.

If, however, you wanted to play this game, you can buy it here for you to check it out.

Posted by jaycee at 4:22 PM |  
Labels: ,


If you enjoyed this post, please make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates!


Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)